Official Contest Rules for Astoria Parks T-shirt Design Contest
***UPDATE: Deadline extended until Friday, June 22nd!***
- This contest is open to all artists, professional, amateur and student.
- You must be 18 years old to submit. If you are under 18 years old, you can still make a design, but you must have written consent from a parent or guardian.
The contest begins on Friday, May 18th, 2018. The entries must be received by June 22nd, 2018 by 5pm accompanied by your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org not to exceed 5MB in size.
- All entries must be original creations of the contestant that incorporates Astoria Parks and Recreation’s brand (i.e. colors, trademarks, or logos) into the design, has never been published, and does not contain profanity, trademarks, logos, or copyrighted works of any other person or business.
- Only four colors maximum should be used and can be designed to use on any colored t-shirt. Both front and back images may be utilized.
- Images must include the words “Discover Astoria Parks”
- The entry must be submitted by email using the following art file formats: .AI, .JPG, .PDF, .PNG or .PSD.
- Preference will be given to submissions that include symbols/icons of parks in the Astoria Parks system.
- The winning design will remain the property of Astoria Parks and Recreation and will not be returned to you. Astoria Parks and Recreation may use the winning design at any time after the contest. The winning design may display their own design in a portfolio or personal collection, but may not sell or reproduce the design for any other purpose once submitted to the contest.
- Winner will receive $200 cash.
You agree that by submitting an entry, you will sign an assignment and release form prepared by us acknowledging your acceptance and understanding of the complete contest rules including that the winning design is the property of Astoria Parks and Recreation.
This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws.
All entries will be judged by a panel of judges comprised of creative professionals, Park Board members, staff, and social media users based on the following criteria: a.) originality (25%), b.) creativity in utilizing symbols/icons of Astoria parks (25%), c.) appropriateness to Contest Theme of “DISCOVER ASTORIA PARKS” (20%), and d.) public appeal as determined by public comments received (30%). In the event of a tie, an additional judge will be added to the panel. Decisions of the judges shall be final in all matters related to this Contest. Astoria Parks will choose three (3) Finalists from all designs submitted, and post the designs online for public voting. Winner will be notified by email, announced on Facebook, and confirmed on the Astoria Parks website by Thursday, June 28th by 9 a.m.
Acknowledgement and Assignment
I am submitting a contest entry with this form, and I hereby assign any and all rights in the intellectual property of this entry to Astoria Parks and Recreation. I agree that the entry I submit becomes your property and that the entry will not be returned to me.
I state that this entry is my own original creation and that I did not copy anyone else's work in creating this contest entry. I agree that if I have copied anyone else’s work in preparing this entry, and if I win this contest, I will pay back the award to you and will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Astoria Parks and Recreation, director, employees, suppliers, licensors, contractors and agents against and from any loss, debt, liability, damage, obligation, claim, demand, judgment or settlement of any nature or kind, known or unknown, liquidated or unliquidated, including without limitation, all reasonable costs and expenses incurred including all reasonable litigation costs and attorneys’ fees arising out of or relating to claims, complaint, action, proceeding or suit of a third party, that arise or relate in whole or part to the contestant’s entry.
I agree that if I win the contest, I authorize the use by you, without additional compensation, of my name and likeness or photograph for promotional purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation the Internet, written or email communications, brochures, videos, slides, radio, television, film) that you deem appropriate.
Only THREE entries per artist.
Official Entry Form for Contest