Waterfront Bridges Replacement

Where each of the City’s numbered streets between 6th and 11th Streets meet the Columbia River, a short bridge connects the solid-ground road to the over-water pier structure. The City refers to these six bridge structures as our waterfront bridge structures. The waterfront bridges are of utmost importance to the City as they provide access to a critical portion of our waterfront. They provide both pedestrian and vehicular access to many businesses and attractions. In addition, they provide very important emergency vehicle access to the waterfront. Currently the structures are all load limited.

The City received funding from the Oregon Department of Transportation through the Local Highway Bridge Program to replace the six waterfront bridges. This funding provides 90% of the replacement cost with the remaining 10% provided by the City. In April 2015, OBEC Consulting Engineers was selected as the engineering services firm for this project. Design efforts are currently underway. Construction is expected to begin in Fall 2017. 

The City of Astoria will host a Public Open House
on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 from 6 pm to 8 pm

at the Astoria City Hall, 1095 Duane St. At the open house, attendees will be invited to provide input on the bridge surface features. (Bridge Design Sketch) 

Waterfront Bridges Project Area Map pdf Document

Sign Up for Project Updates

Full Name

Email Address