A Message from Your Chief of Police
The Astoria Police Department has a long and rich history serving the community since December, 1876. From early reports that the first patrol vehicle used to transport inebriated subjects was a wheelbarrow to today’s digital video in computerized units, the evolution of the Department is remarkable and noteworthy. Now, keeping pace with cutting-edge technology, as the City’s thirtieth named Chief of Police, I welcome you to this website. I encourage you to explore the services and programs that we offer as your partner in our mutual efforts to keep Astoria a safe place for all our citizens and visitors.
The Astoria Police Department’s motto is Dedicated to Duty – Committed to Community. These words are the very foundation and guiding philosophy for every aspect of services provided by the sworn and civilian members every minute of every day.
As you navigate through the website please take advantage of all the information available to you. It is important for you to know this website and our Facebook page are ways for you to provide us with feedback.
Policing is everyone’s responsibility as we work together to enrich the quality of life in our City by addressing crime and disorder. You can help us by:
- Reporting suspicious activity, in today’s world you are the eyes and ears of domestic security.
- Thinking about prevention – take the time to lock your vehicles and residences and do not leave valuable items in plain sight.
- Knowing your neighbors – never hesitate to call 911 if you see something suspicious.
We are proud that your police department is progressive, professional and in the forefront of technology. My promise is we will continually strive to enhance our relationship with you and the services we provide through improved information sharing, training and best practices.
P. Curzon, Chief
Astoria Police Department
The Astoria Police Department provides law enforcement services for the City's residents and visitors 24 hours every day and places particular emphasis on responding to the community’s calls for service, investigating crimes and traffic enforcement. The department's motto is Dedicated to Duty – Committed to Community.
HOW TO CONTACT US:
- Emergency Calls Only: 9-1-1
- Reach us by phone at: (503) 325-4411 (non-emergency police dispatch)
- Other Police Business (503) 338-6411
- Records/Evidence (9 AM - 4 PM, M-F) (503) 338-6433
- Fax us at (503) 325-4897
- E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail your inquiries to:
Astoria Police Department
555 30th Street
Astoria, Oregon 97103