At the March 19, 2018 City Council meeting Council adopted the goals for the fiscal year 2018-2019.
ASTORIA CITY COUNCIL GOALS
FISCAL YEAR 2018-2019
- Support work and recommendations of the homelessness task force.
- Implement the provisions contained in the City of Astoria Affordable Housing Study to increase the number of housing units within the City, for permanent residents.Special attention should be given to derelict and/or vacant properties.
- Explore a variety of options to enhance long-term financial sustainability of the Parks Department, including but not limited to, a cemetery facilities masterplan and feasibility of a joint aquatic and recreation center.
- Pursue a public-private partnership for the redevelopment of Heritage Square to include the possibility of housing.
- Increase disaster resilience among the community, City staff, and facilities.
- Complete Comprehensive Plan / Development Code amendments for the Urban Core of the Riverfront Vision Plan.
- The Astoria City Council supports the Astoria Oregon Public Library Foundation in their commitment of raising $3,500,000 for the renovation of the Astor Library.
- Work with community partners to implement the five year economic development strategy.